Owning an aircraft in the U.S. involves so many processes; the first and foremost of those is the registration of it. The FAA controls all procedures pertaining to the aviation industry, and therefore, the owner must fulfill the requirements to get the certification from the FAA. It is indeed a complicated process, so people opt for the FAA aircraft owner trust to carry out the process on their behalf.
The aircraft trust takes on all the responsibilities to meet the FAA registration requirements. In the trust, the actual owner is named as trust beneficiary, and the FAA accesses the entire procedure.
If the FAA aircraft owner trust completes the registration, the trust beneficiary won’t have to go through any hassles. There are many other benefits as well. Take a look:
- If the owner is not a U.S. citizen or does not have a legal residential permit, this often results in troubles with the registration. The FAA aircraft owner trust can facilitate the job for them. It can allow the owner to have an aircraft to be operated in the U.S.
2. Nonresidential foreign nationals owning property in the U.S. visit their property regularly via their own aircraft. The FAA aircraft owner trust makes it easier for them to operate the airplane in the U.S. despite not being citizens.
3. Publicly traded corporations, including a lot of U.S. commercial airline companies, often fail to meet the requirements of the FAA. They cannot guarantee that 75 percent of their voting interest are controlled by U.S. citizens. In this case, the trust plays a significant role in helping these businesses.
4. The trust can be helpful in assisting foreign businesses that want to lease a plane in the U.S.
5. When a foreign entity buys an airplane, the maintenance of it before exporting can be done in the U.S. through these trusts. The problem occurs with the registration that is required for exporting it. The FAA aircraft owner trust also helps in this case.
6. The trust helps in repossessing the aircraft for lenders who are not U.S. citizens.
7. The trust registers foreign manufactured aircrafts for sale in the U.S.
You can rely on Aviation Trust to take care of this hassle of registration on your behalf. We have earned positive feedback from our customers for our efficient and responsible service. You can connect with us for more details of our services and how we can help you.